Formed in spring 2015, the General Education Redesign Taskforce is charged with redesigning General Education at UT.
Our goals are to:
- Ensure students and faculty understand and appreciate the value/purpose of General Education.
- Enhance the value of General Education so students have the requisite knowledge, awareness, and skills to be successful in their major and beyond.
- Better integrate General Education into students’ overall curricula, both to provide a more unified curriculum and to ensure all students achieve similar outcomes, regardless of whether they enter as new first-year or transfer students.
Taskforce members include:
- Erin Hardin, Psychology (Chair)
- Kirsten Benson, English
- Chuck Collins, Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ian Down, Political Science
- Ernie Freeberg, History
- Cheryl Kojima, Animal Science
- Barbara Murphy, School of Music
- Missy Parker, Advising, College of Arts and Sciences
- Roger Parsons, Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering
- Conrad Plaut, Mathematics
- Suzy Prentiss, Communication Studies
- Lisi Schoenbach, English
- Beth Schussler, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
For more information regarding the General Education Redesign Taskforce, contact Erin Hardin at email@example.com.